26.4.11

Maurice Sendak parla di sé

"I'm not feeling great," Maurice Sendak is saying. "I've been rather sick, to tell you the truth. I can make believe I'm well."
You can hear it in his voice. Sendak, 82, on the phone from his Connecticut home at 3:30 p.m. Friday (pretty much when the night owl's workday gets going), sounds gravelly and stuffy.
"I'm old," says the author and illustrator of dozens of children's books, including Where the Wild Things Are and In the Night Kitchen. "It could be anything. Who the hell knows?"

Recentemente un mural dipinto da Sendak nel 1961 sul muro di un appartamento a Manhattan è stato trasportato a Philadelphia (con tutto il muro) ed è stato restaurato. Ora è esposto al Rosenbach Museum and Library dove si trovano le carte dell'illustratore. philly.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento