5.2.10

DA LEGGERE
One day, as I transcribed a round of letters for Phyllis, a tall man with dark eyes and thinning gray hair arrived in the little antechamber in which I sat. He glanced in my direction, seemed confused, then gave me a small yet warm smile. Before I could ask if he needed help, Phyllis came running out of her office, shouting, "Jerry! There you are!" A moment later, I was standing in front of my desk, just below the wall of Salinger's books, shaking his large, dry hand. "Hello," he said. "Nice to meet you. We've spoken on the phone many times."
"We have," I said, smiling stupidly.
"OK, we have a lot to talk about," Phyllis said, guiding Salinger into her office. "This is a big year." Joanna Smith Rakoff racconta del periodo in cui per lavoro doveva rispondere alle lettere degli ammirantori di Salinger. slate.

NOTIZIE

Sta per uscire un nuovo video game sull'Inferno di Dante. ew.

Oddest Book Title prize: Advances in Potato Chemistry and Technology, Collectible Spoons of the Third Reich, An Intellectual History of Cannibalism, The Master Cheesemakers of Wisconsin, Dental Management of Sleep Disorders, Mickey Mouse, Hitler and Nazi Germany sono tra i titoli di libri in lizza al concorso per il titolo più strano. independent.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento